Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Time Out

When my husband says to the kids "If you don't stop now, you are going to get a time out" I often say to him, if I misbehave do you PROMISE to put me in a timeout? Nope he says, you are not that lucky!!! I feel like that is something that is said often at our house, and more times then not the threat is followed by a timeout. The other day Kooper tried to tell me that he is too little for a timeout. Of course all I did was laugh at him and left him to his timeout. The crazy thing is that you would think after coming off a timeout they would behave, but no not normally the case. At the end of the timeout we always give them a hug, and make them apoligize to whoever or whatever they hit/hurt/break/ect.

It seems like our family is always busy. As much as I try to limit our schedule it seems to be neverending obligations. Most the time it is fun stuff, just busy. Reid works a lot, last week he clocked 72.5 hours, luckily this week was only 42 hours. We'll see what next week brings.......

Addison is on an Indoor soccer league through the Soccer Stop in Holland. She is really enjoying it. Kooper continues to ask me when he gets to play soccer, I figure we will do something for him soon. Last spring he participated in Little Kickers, a program for 3-4 year olds offered through our township. He did okay, but every week he seemed to push kids more and just fall down on the field and yell. We figured maybe we would wait until the fall of 2010 and sign him up again, and see if he does any better. In the meantime I don't want to spend $100 on an 8 week program for him. Kendall has played soccer for several seasons, but has stated she is not interested in playing this spring. I am okay with that, I will ask her the next fall and see if she changes her mind. Here are a few pictures of them in soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family portrait

Family portrait